Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Pitchfork + MLB 2K8

Pitchfork will be picking some songs for the Major League Baseball 2K8 videogame. That is both awesome and kind of scary. Considering how much P4K likes the stranger stuff (Animal Collective, Battles, etc.) I'm curious to see what their choices will include. It is common for me to listen to my own music while playing games anyway, so it's not going to affect me much (if I do eventually pick up the game). Any band that's chosen is going to see their name recognition go way up, which I'm not always a big fan of. If everyone knows who the Shins are then I can no longer use the band to filter out who may have similar musical taste to me.

Edit: It turns out I was spot on about Battles. I don't know how you're supposed to concentrate on playing the game when that's on. Blitzen Trapper is the only band put on by Pitchfork that I like but I don't think is well known.

Tracklist:

Battles - "Atlas" *
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - "Need Some Air"
Blitzen Trapper - "Wild Mountain Nation" *
Dinosaur Jr. - "Almost Ready" *
Jay Reatard - "My Shadow" *
Kasabian - "Reason Is Treason"
LCD Soundsystem - "Watch The Tapes" *
Modest Mouse - "Dashboard"
Peter Bjorn & John - "The Chills"
The Cars - "Moving In Stereo"
The Cool Kids - "88" *
The Cure - "Never Enough"
The Flaming Lips - "The W.A.N.D." (no MF edit)
The Hold Steady - "Stuck Between Stations" *
The Presidents Of The United States Of America - "Cleveland Rocks"
The Revolution Fox Experiment - "Hyper Charlie"
The Strokes - "Someday"

* denotes a "Pitchfork Pick" selection

No comments: