Sunday, April 20, 2008

Jay The Cheerleader

"I don't need 600 at-bats, but, yeah, I'd like to be running out there a little more than I am. But right now, this is what I'm doing. I need to be good at it and accepting of it, and hopefully an opportunity will open up down the road for me to get more at-bats."

That's Jay Payton on his playing time. I don't really like that last line: "hopefully an opportunity will open up down the road for me". That seems to imply that he either wants a trade, or is hoping that someone who is currently getting playing time will get hurt or play poorly. Way to support the team Jay.

"Trembley said he'd like to play Payton more often"

That's disappointing to hear. I actually hope he gets less time, as Scott Moore should steal some of his pinch-hit at bats once he gets called back up.

Here's the whole article.

No comments: